Who we are
Our team was formed in 2007 with the goal of producing high quality ultralight aircraft at low costs. In order to achieve this goal we produce everything in house, without any subcontractors.
In this way, we optimise the design while we manufacture and test the prototype, therefore the delays are reduced and our costs are kept under control.
Every member of the team has multiple associations and specializations as well, so that they complete and control each other.
- Aerospace engineer-aerodynamics
Worked at the Flight Test Center and at The Aircraft Factory in Craiova during the period in which the Romanian utilitarian commercial aircrafts IAR 93 and IAR 99 were tested in flight
PPL and VLM
- honoured Master of Sports- aeromodeling
- owns a PAUL TISSANDIER diploma awarded by The International Aeronautical Federation.
- aerosapce engineer-structures
- skilled in computer aded design/ manufacturing CATIA V5
- honoured Master of Sports-spacemodeling
- aerospace engineer-structures
- aircraft prototyping CAD design CATIA V5
- multiple national champion at radio controlled aircraft and helicopter models.
- aerospace engineer- master degree in avionics
- skilled in computer aded design/ manufacturing CATIA V5, AUTOCAD
- worked at Craiova Aircraft Factory
- specialist in designing and manufacturing molds and parts made of composite materials
What we do
We design and compute aircraft components made of various materials with high mechanical strength and reduced weight, by means of optimization of the shapes and materials on computer, so that they are best suited to efforts and mechanical fatigue they undergo.
We primarily produce aircraft parts made of composite materials using the most advanced fibers: carbon, kevlar, fiberglass together with special cores and epoxy resins.
All the materials that were used are in accordance with aviation standards.
The models and molds are built through milling by means of two CNC mills that we have at our disposal.
The composite components are manufactured utilising vacuum and heat treatment in our oven, along with the temperature control diagram.
The parts made of metal or composite material are carried out at AVI SRL Company from Craiova, whose owner is our team leader Radu Berceanu.
AVI Company has 25 years of experience in manufacturing various composite material parts and it is ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 accredited.
Together with our experience, we are provided with the following facilities:
- Water jet cutting
- Laser cutting
- CNC bending machine
- Welding in argon atmosphere
- Rooms for gel-coat application
- Dyeing ovens
- Two CNC milling machine
- Plastic material vacuum machine
- Polyurethane foam injection machine
- Dyeing oven
You can find more information on www.avi.ro
Installations and adjustments are done at our division in Bucharest and the flight tests are done at Strejnic airfield, near Ploiești.
Affordable Quality Light Aircrafts
and our products prove that we turn this belief into reality.